Are you about to write an argumentative essay but still confused about the topic?
Argumentative essays help students learn more about the topic of a given course. This writing style is a real key to learning argumentative skills. You need to pay attention to your topic when choosing a strong topic for your essay.
Do not worry! Here is a list of topics and tips to help you find the perfect topic for your argumentative essay.
Argumentative writing topics for students.
write an argumentative essayis a common academic assignment that almost any student can create. To help students, we have created a list of suggested argumentative topics. Choose a theme that best suits you.
Argumentative writing topics for high school.
- At what age can children come to school?
- Should students be allowed to rate their teachers?
- Metal music should be banned for its violent lyrics.
- What are the pros and cons of making friends virtually?
- As a society, can we save energy?
- Does playing violent video games contribute to a person becoming violent in real life?
- How close is reality TV to real life?
- Do girls experience more social pressure than boys?
- What is the biggest challenge for students today?
- Should there be cash rewards for good results on standardized tests?
- The rich must pay more taxes than the poor.
- Cartoons are better than movies.
- Teachers versus parents: who plays a bigger role in raising a child?
Argumentative writing topics for 6th grade.
Here are some argumentative writing topics for sixth graders:
- Should I start school later in the morning?
- Is the confinement of wild animals in zoos a cruel practice?
- Should there be stricter laws about texting and driving?
- Are social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter bad for our society?
- Should the voting age be lowered to give young people a voice in democracy?
- Should the school year be longer or shorter?
- Is it okay for kids to play violent video games?
- Should cell phones be banned in schools?
- Should recycling become a mandatory practice in every home?
Argumentative writing topics for the 7th grade.
- Should schools offer free meals to all students?
- Are uniforms necessary for academic success?
- Do standardized tests accurately measure student progress?
- Are extracurricular activities important for student development?
- Is there too much emphasis on social media in education today?
- Should schools emphasize physical education?
- Are mandatory classes in high school helpful or harmful for students?
- Should all students have access to laptops and tablets in the classroom?
- Is technology crowding out traditional classroom learning methods?
- Should physical education be mandatory for students?
Argumentative writing topics for 8th grade.
Looking for Argumentative Writing Topics for Teens? Take a look at the following ideas:
- Should the drinking age be lowered? Should the death penalty be abolished?
- Does the state have to finance day care centers?
- Is there a lot of emphasis on standardized tests in schools?
- Are schools doing enough to prevent bullying?
- Do teenagers need more sleep than adults?
- Should students have cell phones at school?
- Is social media affecting the way we interact with each other?
- What to do with the student loan crisis?
Argumentative writing topics for high school.
- Is home schooling better than the public school system?
- Smartphones help in the learning process.
- Is co-parenting more beneficial than same-sex parenting?
- Are GMOs safe for human consumption?
- Is fast food healthy or a serious threat to physical health?
- Teens are more comfortable chatting on social media than face-to-face.
- Should it be legal to get a tattoo for anyone under 18?
- Do standardized tests make sense for students?
- You think a negative high school experience matters when it comes to personality.
- Does the educational system prepare students for the real world?
- Is there life after death?
- Our society is working for gender equality.
- Subjects that should be eliminated from the baccalaureate program.
- Are high school hate crimes on the rise?
Argumentative writing topics for college students.
- Is the current tax system effective or not?
- Are men better paid than women in our business sector?
- Should Shakespeare continue to be studied as part of the university curriculum?
- Is it too expensive to study?
- Are test scores the only way to assess a student's proficiency?
- Getting a college degree is worth the cost.
- Is the US electoral college system still viable?
- Young people on social media are unaware of the importance of privacy on these online sites.
- Life is incomplete without faith.
- Today's students are under greater social pressure than in the past.
- Your past does not define you.
- What can be done about gun control in the United States?
- Is it ethical to genetically modify children to protect them from disease?
- Do we need more gender diversity in STEM courses?
Due paper? Why suffer? That's our job!
Argumentative writing topics for college students.
- Should psychiatric services be provided free of charge?
- Is income inequality a necessary part of capitalism?
- Should the minimum wage be raised in all countries?
- Does technology have a positive or negative impact on mental health?
- Should universities be allowed to charge students to attend courses?
- Is it necessary for governments to fund space exploration?
- Should religion be taught in public schools?
- What to do with the student loan crisis?
- Are animal experiments necessary for medical progress?
- Should young students join a political party to promote the democratic process?
- Does free speech encourage extremism in society?
Argumentative essay topics for O-Levels
- Should the government regulate the use of social media?
- Is the death penalty an effective means of crime prevention?
- Are online courses replacing traditional courses in schools?
- Do standardized tests accurately measure academic achievement?
- Should abortion be legalized in all countries?
- Do celebrity role models have a positive or negative influence on young people?
- Should school uniforms be required in all schools?
- Should the Internet be censored by governments around the world?
- Should genetically modified foods be allowed in supermarkets?
- Does free trade help or hurt developing countries?
The best argumentative writing topics
As important as it is to create compelling content, choosing a great topic is also important. If you want to score in science, you need to impress your professor with the best argumentative writing topics.
Below are some great topic ideas related to different areas. Choose the right topic for your essay and start the process.
Sports Argumentative Essay Topics
- Can video game players be considered true athletes?
- Can sports keep kids out of trouble?
- Should girls play the same sports as boys?
- Should steroid alternatives be legal for professional athletes?
- Do you consider cheerleading a sport?
- Does your university spend a lot of money on athletic programs?
- Sports students must be paid to play.
- Sports betting should be illegal.
- Sporting events must not advertise alcoholic beverages and tobacco.
- Are female athletes seen as sex objects by the media?
- All athletes must pass a drug test prior to their performance.
- Extreme sports should not be allowed for women.
- Influence of bodybuilding on the female body in old age.
Argumentative Dissertation Topics Education
- Parents must play an active role in their children's education.
- The grading system should not exist to assess a student's ability.
- Standardized tests must be abolished in schools.
- All students are required to wear a high school uniform.
- Does technology benefit the education system?
- Is studying in a single-sex class better than studying in a mixed-sex class?
- Do all students need to be encouraged to learn a foreign language?
- Programming should be mandatory for all students.
- Should students take sex education classes at school?
- Should schools have the right to test students for drugs?
- Girls should also be encouraged to play sports at school.
- The world should have a uniform language.
- Hard work is not enough to succeed in student life.
- Should teachers be allowed to physically discipline their students?
- How to change the educational system in the United States?
Argumentative writing topics for social networks.
- Is social media an effective communication platform?
- Do people really get a job on LinkedIn?
- Can Facebook legally disclose its users' private information?
- Is it possible to earn good money on YouTube?
- Should Facebook, WhatsApp and Twitter be permanently blocked?
- Social media has been successful in increasing employment rates.
- Celebrities are not ethical.
- Social media has destroyed real communication.
- Social media has simplified business.
- Blogging is an irrelevant profession.
- How does social media portray beauty ideals?
- How did social media become a major source of inferiority complexes among teenagers?
- Is life possible without social networks today?
- Should underage children have social media accounts?
- Pros and cons of social networks.
technology theme argumentative essay
- Are cell phones harmful to humanity?
- Do spy apps invade users' privacy?
- Are millennials more dependent on computers than baby boomers?
- Is Typescript the future of front-end development?
- The impact of microwave technology on our biology. Technology has made us lazier.
- Should programming be taught in high school?
- Cognitive computers like Watson are unethical.
- Should a candidate's social media profiles be included in the hiring process?
- Children should not be given private cell phones.
- Autonomous cars and the future of transport.
- Has technology made people less efficient?
- Technological advances in the field of psychology.
- Is the future in the hands of artificial intelligence?
- Pros and cons of relying heavily on technology.
Topics of Argumentative Writing in American History
- What effects did European colonization have on Native Americans?
- What role did women play in the revolutionary movement?
- What were the main causes of the American Revolution?
- What were the main problems that gave rise to conflicts between North and South and led to civil war?
- The effects of the Great Depression on banking in the United States.
- Did the civil rights movement reduce or create racial violence?
- How did America grow after World War II?
- American foreign policy in the 21st century.
- Is Barack Obama the first American president to make history?
- Was slavery an inevitable part of the development of American society?
- Should the Indian Removal Act be considered genocide?
Argumentative essay topics on mental health.
- Are antidepressants prescribed too often in modern society?
- Should psychiatric services be free for everyone?
- Does social media affect mental health?
- Is there a stigma associated with seeking psychological help?
- What role do genetics and environment play in the development of mental illness?
- Can art and music therapy be effective treatments for mental illness?
- How can we combat the stigma surrounding mental illness?
- What can be done to reduce the prevalence of anxiety in young people?
- Should there be compulsory psychiatric education in schools?
Social issues Controversial issues
- Should male workers also take paternity leave?
- Is age an important factor in the success or failure of a relationship?
- Is torture acceptable under all circumstances?
- What are the main causes of Down Syndrome?
- What should be the penalties for failing parents?
- A candidate's appearance should not be considered in a hiring process.
- Some stereotypes common in your society.
- Fraud increases every day.
- We are very dependent on computers and technology.
- Is boredom the cause of anger?
- Beauty magazines should stop editing models with Photoshop.
- Capitalism versus Socialism. What would most benefit society?
- Is the women's rights movement justified?
- The true goals of feminism.
- Effects of homosexuality on society.
animal themes argumentative essay
- Hunting for fun and sport is unethical and should be prohibited.
- Aggressive dog breeds such as pit bulls should not be allowed as pets.
- It is reasonable to test beauty products on animals.
- Wearing coveralls for lab research is a necessary evil.
- Using fur and leather should not be unethical.
- Is bovine genetic modification beneficial?
- Dissecting animals in medical school is a great way to learn.
- Having pets reduces the risk of contracting diseases. Agrees?
- Emotional support animals can really help lonely people.
- Having exotic animals as pets is inhumane.
- Stricter laws against animal cruelty must be enforced.
- Pros and cons of animal testing.
- How can emotional support animals help treat mental health issues?
- Importance of the microchip for pets.
- Rights of ESA holders.
Argumentative research article topics
- Ways to reduce childcare costs in the United States.
- Are educated people better parents?
- Challenges for politicians.
- Is rehabilitation of sex offenders effective?
- Is music a true art form?
- Spanish is an easy language to learn.
- Schools must ban vending machines on campus.
- Are teachers to blame when students are underperforming?
- Do parents encourage gender stereotypes?
- Illegal immigrants and terrorism: is there a link?
- Can a sugar tax help fight obesity?
- Should age be a factor in relationships?
- Do dreams have a symbolic meaning?
- Should South Korea and North Korea become one?
- Can depression be cured naturally?
Unique topics of argumentative essays.
Looking for ideas for general argumentative writing topics? Here is an ultimate list of great topics that can make essay writing fun for you and your readers.
Controversial Topics of Argumentative Essays
- Should same-sex marriage be legal in all 50 states of the United States of America?
- Is the feminist movement ruining young women's minds?
- Corruption and its impact on wage increases.
- Hunting should be banned worldwide. Agrees?
- What is more beneficial to society, communism or capitalism?
- Should human cloning be allowed or not?
- Abortion: pro-life or pro-choice?
- Do anti-discrimination laws reinforce discrimination?
- In the case of a terminal illness, should patients have the right to request physician-assisted suicide?
- Can beauty standards be more inclusive?
- Dating in the workplace shouldn't be allowed, and here's why.
- All countries must welcome displaced immigrants and refugees.
- Is vegan or vegetarian life good for health?
- Online dating has ruined the essence of old school romance.
- Chocolate can help improve our bad moods.
- Is it ethical to eat meat?
- Mothers are naturally better parents.
- Politics can never be fair and impartial.
- Should the drinking age be lowered?
Simple Argumentative Writing Topics
- Are girls smarter than boys?
- Parents of high school students should monitor their Internet.
- Was Johnny Depp the best choice for Burton's Ed Wood?
- Do religious movements cause the outbreak of wars?
- Are humans the main cause of global climate change?
- Is it ethical to let children do their homework?
- Does using LED make a difference?
- How does being vegan help the environment?
- Should teenage marriages be allowed?
- Social networks brought families closer together. Is there any truth to this statement?
- If the House of Lords had veto power over the House of Commons, Britain would be better off.
- It's okay to date more than one person at a time.
- HIV is mistakenly associated with homosexuals. Why?
- Why do laws neglect tobacco and alcohol?
- Most modern artists are one-hit wonders.
Funny argumentative essay topics.
- Is Panda Hug a Viable Career Option?
- Does Justin Bieber Owe His Success to Negative Public Relations?
- Is it true that love passes through the stomach?
- Is the Bermuda Triangle real?
- Can parents lie to their children about Santa Claus?
- Has the feminist movement ever helped you?
- How has the feminist movement helped you?
- There is no organic food.
- How to convince your roommate that moving is the best option.
- Why should I join another family?
- Fans should not judge players by their defeats or failures.
- Is social advertising a useful practice?
- Is racism a natural condition of human society?
- Diets cannot be practiced by students.
- Should tattoos be perceived as a social deviant?
Rehearsal difficult due? Hire tough writers!
Argumentative Writing Topics 2022
- Are US elections always fair?
- Is the death penalty an effective punishment for criminals?
- Is it sensible to replace soldiers on the battlefield with machines and artificial intelligence?
- Should animals be used to conduct experiments?
- Impact of Terrorism on US Foreign Policy Is Cosmetic Surgery Worth the Risk?
- What do you think a terminally ill person has the right to assisted suicide?
- Life 100 years ago was much simpler than it is today.
- Is religion a contributing factor to war?
- A woman who can't afford to raise a child she might abort?
- Physical activity is the most comfortable way to relax.
- The best way to improve education is to reduce the number of classes.
- Physical education should be mandatory for everyone.
- The pros and cons of using gadgets for learning purposes.
- What is the most important sociopolitical movement of modern times?
Argumentative Writing Topics 2023
Following are some amazing topics for argumentative essays. Check them out to get a better idea.
- Fast food is responsible for childhood obesity in the United States.
- Is the United States ready for a female president?
- Parents must be very kind to their children.
- Are smartphones harmful to health?
- Education should be free for everyone.
- Is same-sex parenthood still a good idea in 2020?
- Should everyone aspire to a college degree?
- Internet access must be unlimited and free.
- Modern education must do away with grading systems.
- Capitalism must be given more socially meaningful policies.
- The tourist tax is mandatory to save cultural heritage.
- Kindergartens should introduce the teaching of foreign languages.
- Is hunting good for the well-being of the environment?
- The use of animals for research purposes must be prohibited.
- Women perform better than men in official positions and professions.
Choosing a good argumentative essay topic
So now you know how important it is to choose the right topic when writing an argumentative essay.
But what do you want to write about?
You certainly don't want to pick an argumentative essay topic that everyone else is working on. And you don't want to research a topic that you can't find information and data about.
Fortunately, you want to write about a controversial topic that interests you and your reader. Here are the criteria we use to select a topic for argumentative essays:
- It must be interesting to the author. You'll be drawing, researching, and writing extensively, so pick a subject that appeals to you.calle
- You have some information to start with. The more familiar you are with the subject, the easier it will be for you and the reader.
- The best argumentative writing topics tend to be controversial. If there is no conflict and everyone agrees on everything, it is not an argumentative essay.
- Depending on the topic, a verifiable thesis statement can be created.
What makes a good argumentative essay?
A good argumentative essay is one that presents a logical and well-founded argument. It must be supported by facts and evidence, not just speculation or opinion. To create an effective argumentative essay, the author must convincingly state his position on a given topic.
Strong introduction and thesis.
The first element of a good argumentative essay is an interesting and clear introduction. This should present the topic in a way that engages readers and encourages them to learn more.
You should also provide a general description of the author's position on the subject, as well as any evidence you will use to support your argument.
Good research and evidence.
Good reasoning needs good evidence. Therefore, a good argumentative essay must be supported by research and evidence.
When an author makes a claim, he must provide evidence to support it. This can include physical evidence such as statistics or quotes from experts in the field, as well as logical arguments that support your position.
The structure of an argumentative essay is also important. It should be structured in such a way that it is easy to follow and understand.
This can include using headings, subheadings and bullets to break the text into more manageable chunks. Also, you should have a clear flow of ideas, with each paragraph logically leading to the next.
Finally, a good argumentative essay must have an effective conclusion. This should provide a summary of the author's main points and reaffirm your position on the topic.
The conclusion should also give readers something to think about, inform themselves and gain new insights.
To sum up,
After reading our list, don't be surprised if you can think of additional topics for an argumentative essay. We recommend keeping a notebook or journal handy to capture these theme ideas for later.
These were some of the most interesting ones.essay topics. Found a topic to write about?
Before you get overwhelmed by jumping right into the writing process, we have a handy tip for you. Read this detailed article to learn how to write an argumentative essay effectively.
There's nothing to be ashamed of in seeking professional help, especially when it comes to your grades. It is quite common that some students do not have aptitude for writing. Also, some may not have time to complete tasks.
If you identify with these students, consider getting help from a reputable essay writing service such as:Ensayos5Estrellas.com. You can simply request 'write my essay'. And we have an experienced copywriter who will provide you with quality work, regardless of type and topic.
Order today at the best price.
What would be some other good topics for argumentative writing? ›
Argumentative Essay Topics (General)
Do you think that abortion should be made illegal? Do you think that animal testing should be banned? Is the #metoo movement a great thing? Do you think that manufacturers are responsible for the effects of the chemicals used in creating their products?
- Technology & Social Media.
- College & Career.
- Mental & Physical Health.
- Race & Gender.
- Parenting & Childhood.
- Ethics & Morality.
- Government & Politics.
- Girls face more peer pressure than boys.
- The voting age should be lowered to 16.
- Humans should not eat animals.
- Democracy is the best form of government.
- All Americans should be required to vote.
- Cigarette smoking and vaping should be banned entirely.
- Giving is better than receiving.
Social and Political Issues Debate Topics
All people should have the right to own guns. The death penalty should be abolished. Human cloning should be legalized. All drugs should be legalized.
The argumentative essay requires well-researched, accurate, detailed, and current information to support the thesis statement and consider other points of view. Some factual, logical, statistical, or anecdotal evidence should support the thesis.What are good argumentative topics for college? ›
- Is the death penalty effective?
- Is our election process fair?
- Is the electoral college outdated?
- Should we have lower taxes?
- How many Supreme Court Justices should there be?
- Should there be different term limits for elected officials?
- Should the drinking age be lowered?
A hook is an opening statement (which is usually the first sentence) in an essay that attempts to grab the reader's attention so that they want to read on. It can be done by using a few different types of hooks, which are a question, quote, statistic, or anecdote.What are the 5 types of arguments? ›
The five types of argument are therefore text, intent, precedent, tradition, and policy.What is a good argument thesis? ›
A strong thesis statement for an argument essay states a clear position on the issue. The thesis often includes a word or phrase that signals an opinion, such as should, ought to, need to, have an obligation to, or even must or had better.What are some argumentative topics 2022? ›
- Education is becoming costlier, but the quality is not improving.
- Kids and teens in poor neighborhoods should be given free education.
- The rise of augmented reality in Hollywood and its results.
- Video games are promoting violence and sexism.
- Google is transforming into an online police force.
What are some good argumentative essay topics 2022? ›
- Unrequited love in the world famous books.
- Correct upbringing of children and adolescents.
- Patriotism in the United States.
- Choosing a future profession.
- The role of art and culture in the life of every person.
- US culture in the 21st century.
- Causal argument. ...
- Rebuttal argument. ...
- Proposal argument. ...
- Evaluation argument. ...
- Narrative argument. ...
- Toulmin argument. ...
- Rogerian argument. ...
- Classical Western argument.
- Gun Control.
- Religious Freedom.
- Animal Rights.
- Privacy Rights.
- Free-Market Capitalism.
- Global Climate Change.
Definition: A strong argument is a non-deductive argument that succeeds in providing probable, but not conclusive, logical support for its conclusion. A weak argument is a non-deductive argument that fails to provide probable support for its conclusion.What is a good argumentative topic sentence? ›
Topic sentences should: » relate back to the argument of the thesis; » concisely summarize the key idea of the paragraph; » can even contain key words from the thesis statement.What are the 7 college essay prompts? ›
- Prompt #1: Share your story.
- Prompt #2: Learning from obstacles.
- Prompt #3: Challenging a belief.
- Prompt #4: Solving a problem.
- Prompt #5: Personal growth.
- Prompt #6: What captivates you?
- Prompt #7: Topic of your choice.
- Describe a person you admire.
Here's a brief list of college essay topics that may be considered cliché: Extracurriculars, especially sports. Role models. Dealing with a personal tragedy or death in the family.What are the 5 types of argumentative essay? ›
- Persuasive essays. To 'persuade' means to convince someone to believe something. ...
- Research Paper. Argumentative research papers involve supporting the main argument with well researched evidence from different sources. ...
- Analysis Essays. ...
- Personal essays.
The 2022-2023 high school debate topic is: “Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase its security cooperation with the North Atlantic Treaty Organization in one or more of the following areas: artificial intelligence, biotechnology, cybersecurity.” The topic is selected annually by ...What is the 2022 high school debate topic? ›
Resolved: The United States federal government should substantially increase fiscal redistribution in the United States by adopting a federal jobs guarantee, expanding Social Security, and/or providing a basic income. This is the 2022-2023 Debate Topic that is being debated right now - Emerging Technologies.
What are the six arguments? ›
Developed by philosopher Stephen E. Toulmin, the Toulmin method is a style of argumentation that breaks arguments down into six component parts: claim, grounds, warrant, qualifier, rebuttal, and backing.What are the 4 important elements of a good argument essay? ›
- Claim: Claims assert your position on an issue. ...
- Arguments: You also need to provide reasons to support your claim(s), and back up your reasons with evidence (note: your "evidence" is usually what you have found by doing your research!).
- Counterarguments: ...